Elliott Wright has revealed he’s expecting a second child with wife Sadie.
The news comes just weeks after the star suffered a horrific start to the year when his father Edward died, his dog Poppy passed away and his restaurant in Marbella burned down.
He and 29-year-old Sadie announced their happy news in a new interview, where he shared: ‘I’ve probably had the worst year of my life and probably the worst I’m ever going to have.
‘At the start of this year I unfortunately lost my father, and then my restaurant burned down 11 days after I buried my dad.’
Elliott went on to OK! magazine: ‘I’ve always been a positive person and I’m trying to look at the positives.
‘I said to Sadie: ‘My dad sent us an angel’, we’re taking the positives out of that.
It comes after the former TOWIE star, 41, posted on his Instagram story on Tuesday to share the news his boxer dog Poppy had passed away.
His restaurant Olivia’s La Cala, which became a celebrity hotspot after featuring several times on The Only Way Is Essex, burned down in late April – in what Elliott believes was a targeted attack.
Devastating: Elliott Wright, 41, shared the news that his beloved boxer dog Poppy had died on his Instagram story on Tuesday
Informing his followers of his much-loved dog’s death, Elliott wrote: ‘R.I.P my little Poppy… you will be missed sorely. Up there with grandad now.. sleep well, thank you for being such a beautiful soul.’
It comes shortly after he lost his father Edward Wright, who died at the age of 66 following an eight-week battle with Covid in March.
In the heartfelt tribute Elliott, who appeared in TOWIE between 2010 and 2017, also shared a picture of the dog cuddling up with a young girl, believed to his eldest daughter Olivia, and captioned the picture with a series of red love hearts.
The news comes just days after Elliott revealed he plans to reopen his restaurant in time for summer. Taking to Instagram last week to update his followers he admitted he had encountered a ‘few issues’ with the repair work.
Tragedy: It comes shortly after he lost his father Edward Wright, who died at the age of 66 following an eight-week battle with Covid in March
Another blow: The loss of the former TOWIE star’s dog comes just weeks after his restaurant Olivia’s La Cala in Marbella burnt down
Sad: In a heartfelt series of pictures, Elliott said goodbye to the much-loved pet who he said would be sorely missed
Filming a video of the destroyed restaurant and a team of workers clearing the rubble on site, the reality star said: ‘I’d say it’s been a productive day but it’s difficult to be positive all the time. Been a few issues today.
‘One of my roofs need to come down, that’s gonna put me back a week, which is obviously very upsetting for me, but we’re all pushing on.
‘It’s a bad day today, to be honest with you. I’m trying to be positive, but at times it’s a bit tough.’
Trying to remain positive amid the difficult time, Elliott continued: ‘Tomorrow is a new day, I’m going to try and be positive and try and crack on.
‘Today doesn’t seem to be a good one but I can’t be good all the time, it’s going to be tough – I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.’
Tragic: Elliott has been mourning his father Edward (left)
Struggles: The dog’s death comes just days after Elliott took to Instagram to admit he is struggling to remain ‘positive’as he rebuilds his burnt down restaurant
Elliott captioned the candid videos with: ‘Ups and downs… a bumpy road ahead… but please God we will get there.’
It comes after the former TOWIE star was seen surveying his burned down Marbella restaurant with a demolition team last month.
Elliott recently thanked fans for sending him ‘thousands’ of supportive messages after his restaurant was ripped apart by a devastating fire.
The blaze hit Olivia’s restaurant on Spain’s Costa Del Sol at 5.30am on Monday 26 April, just weeks after the celebrity’s father died from Covid-19 at the age of 66.
The video, taken by Elliott at the time, shows the devastated star walk through the restaurant near Marbella as he says ‘someone’s come and took my whole dream away’.
Destroyed: Mark Wright’s cousin is planning to open Olivia’s La Cala in time for summer after the eatery caught fire last month
Spanish police officers have been charged with carrying out a ‘full investigation’ into the cause of the blaze, which the reality star has suggested was an arson attack carried out by a ‘scumbag’.
Speaking to supporters on Instagram, Elliott praised the huge response he had received from fans after revealing the shocking news.
‘I just want to do a little message to everybody that has been in touch with me since yesterday, since I asked for help,’ said the star.
‘Thousands upon thousands of messages, it is overwhelming the support you’ve all given me, I just want to say a massive thank you, it means a lot.’
‘Issues’: Elliott took to Instagram last week to issue an update as he admitted he had encountered a ‘few issues’ with the repair work
Elliott however added that he was determined to rebuild the restaurant that had been his family’s ‘dream’ to have.
‘I’ve got a lot more energy today and I’m going to build it and really go for it and everyday is a good day and more of a challenge and I can’t wait. So thank you to everyone who has offered to help, I’ll try and make you proud, thank you very much.’
Spanish police have now opened an investigation into the blaze at Olivia’s La Cala restaurant near Marbella that is reported to have started at the entrance.
A Civil Guard spokesman said that there is not yet any evidence to suggest the fire was started deliberately, and the investigation has been ordered purely as a fact-finding mission.
‘My beautiful restaurant, my dream that I always dreamt of having, that I built six years ago, that was still work in progress, has been completely destroyed, absolutely destroyed,’ he said in the video